søndag 4. august 2019

Harry Potter blanket


This spring it was my nephew's turn to get a blanket.
He was very into the HP books when he was younger. (He may have branched into gaming the last few years).
But his mother and I thought that a Harry Potter themed blanket could be a good fit.


I found the pattern for a HP c2c blanket here at Yarn Geek Makes (formerly Two Hearts Crochet).

I had never tried c2c before, but the first square (the snitch) worked up so quickly so I decided to go for it. I used dc in my squares, not hdc as in the pattern.



The biggest problem in making this blanket was deciding wich squares to use...
Yarn Geek Makes has graphs for more than twenty squares and a quick google/pinterest search gives you lots of other alternatives.



...and of course keeping track of all the different yarn ends. Lots of colour changes in some of the squares. I tried to carry the yarn along on the back when I could, to keep the amount of yarn ends to a minimum. There still was a lot of end so weave in at the end...



The blanket ended up quite big - 140 x 178 cm, and quite heavy,  2,2 kg... c2c eats yarn...
I used dk wool and a 4,5 mm hook.
But I'm so happy with the result - and a little part of me wanted to keep this...




7 kommentarer:

  1. That is beyond amazing work. What a gift. And such a fun idea. Your nephew is very lucky😊

    SvarSlett
  2. Wow... jeg er veldig imponert. Du har heklet et vakkert teppe. Harry Potter-drømmen... til og med jeg har lest og fremfor alt mye med barnebarn :-)) Fantastiske arbeid du har laget.
    Glede å se.
    Hilsen til deg. Viola

    SvarSlett
  3. Sto facendo coperta a rombi effetto tridimensionale , qualcuno può fornirmi schemi per triangoli dove si uniscono i cubi.grazie

    SvarSlett
  4. Wow, dette var kult! Tror jeg må se litt nærmere på dette, ungene er HP-fans så det holder :-)

    SvarSlett
  5. Jeg trenger dette, Takk!(Unnskyld, Jeg ikke vet mye Norsk)

    SvarSlett
  6. Hi, could you possibly tell me what pattern did you use for the castle on the bottom?

    SvarSlett
  7. Hei. Har du oppskrift på dette teppet? Tenker spesielt på motivet nederst...

    SvarSlett

Takk for kommentaren, stikk gjerne innom igjen!
Thanks for commenting and welcome back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails